DIY Nexus 7 Tablet Stand
After playing around with my shiny new Nexus 7 tablet for a couple of days, it dawned on me that I needed a tablet stand for such things as watching videos, playing games etc.
Instead of purchasing a stand I thought a DIY project was at hand!
What you need:
- Unused DVD/Blu-Ray Case
- String - 30cm or so
- Remove the paper inserts from the inside and outside of the DVD Case
- Cut the plastic away that holds in the paper insert on the outside and discard responsibly
- Carefully bend out the tabs on the inside so they will protrude out from the case. Make sure not to exert to much force as these will easily snap.
- Once the tabs have been pushed out, feed the length of string through the central hole on the inside of the case (where the disc would go).
- Now make sure each side of the sting is equal, and then tie each end around the tabs that you bent over previous. Make sure that you get the desired angle before tightening the knots around the tabs, otherwise you will have to start again. Once you have the desired angle, cut the excess string.
- Voíla! Now sit your tablet on the tabs that are bent out. You can close the case for easy storage and transport.
If you like this DIY project, please let me know in the comments!